- Be willing to go where the going may be tough and do the things that are worth doing even though they are difficult.
- Be gentle to the weak and tough to the strong.
- Be content with what you have in money and position but never in skills.
- Always finish what you begin, be it large or small.
- Be a willing teacher to anyone regardless of religion, race or ideology.
- Never yield to repression or threat in the pursuit of a noble cause.
- Teach attitude and skill with action rather than words.
- Always be yourself even though your circumstances may change.
- Be the eternal teacher who teaches with the body when young, with words when old, and by moral precept even after death.
(Il suo inglese non era un gran che ma non si possono sfiorare le sue parole, neanche con delle correzioni grammaticali)